Thursday, July 9, 2015

Three Things Thursday 7.9.15

Three Things Thursday 

School has been out for 2 weeks tomorrow. I haven't made a dent into my summer to-do list. However, I have spent a lot of time relaxing and hanging out with friends and family. I have found myself doing a lot of online shopping on Amazon! For Three Things Thursday, 3 of my favorite purchases so far!

 1: I have recently joined an amazing yoga studio, I needed a relaxing alternative for the days I am not able to make it to a class. I discovered The Shakti Acupressure Mat and I fell in love. The company recommends starting slowly and ease your way to an hour on the mat. My first time using the mat, I fell asleep for 30 minutes. I try to relax and meditate before getting on the mat every night before bed. Also, I lay the mat on top of my mattress, I am wearing a thin long sleeve shirt, slowly going to work my way onto have my skin contact the acupressure points.




 2: I have been wanting to learn and recite some of the Hindu mantras and prayers, I came across the Purna Vidya: Puja & Prayers book. A very descriptive insight to the Vedic traditions followed in India and by Hindus around the world. I am currently working on learning the words and the meaning of the Prayer Hanuman Chalisa, which is to be read every Tuesday. I remember listening to as a child when my family and I visited the Geeta Temple growing up. I remember being in awe of my parents who would be able to recite the prayers from memory.




 3: I dislike the use of aerosol air fresheners and candles in a bathroom, it is just more exposure to chemicals. A friend received a bottle of Poo-Pourri at her bridal shower and I finally decided to order it. The smell is amazing and it really truly works! I purchased small spray bottles and I created my own to-go bottles! A few years back my cousins and I went to Las Vegas and we ended up being 16 girls sharing 2 full bathrooms and 1 powder room. Needless to say, the powder room turned into the 'poop bathroom'. All the girls would end up spraying their perfume before leaving the bathroom. By mid-morning, you needed a gas mask to enter the 'poop bathroom'. On all future trips, I am going to be packing my mini bottles with Poo-Pourri in it!






Check out the original bloggers from Three Thing Thursdays: Raj from Pink Chai Living, Nisha from Love Laugh Mirch, or Salma from The Write Balance