Friday, October 23, 2015

Three Things Thursday 10.22.15

Three Things Thursday 10.22.15

My family and I are in the midst of the Hindu high holiday season, Navratri has come and gone, and today is Dushera also known as Vijaydashami. Dushera marks the day when Shri Ram defeated Ravan. Ravan had capture Shri Ram's wife Sita. Around the world, on the night of Dushera, an effigy of Ravan and his ten heads are burnt. Tonight followers of Hinduism celebrate the victory of good over evil and encourage everyone to bring on more positive attributes into their life. 


Wishing you and your loved ones a Happy & Healthy Dushera! 


Today's Three Things Thursday is dedicated how I plan to add a more positive spin to my life!

1: To become more charitable, not just with my money, but with my time as well. I have decided to volunteer with Literacy Nassau, a local organization that helps new immigrants to Long Island to learn English. I am eagerly awaiting to get matched with my student!





2: Calm. Earlier this year, I started going to this amazing yoga studio, and it had really helped me remain calm in situation. However, I want to take this practice one step further and incorporate it into my job. Sometimes, more often then not, work gets stressful I freak out, I plan step back and reanalyze the situation. 




3: I have struggled with my body weight since I was a child. Starting this Dushera, I promise to have a more positive outlook on my body and to say #nobodyshame, this is who I am and I am FABULOUS! 


source: http://www.fitwoman.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/worth-more-htan-my-appearacne-219x300.jpg





Check out the original bloggers from Three Thing Thursdays: Raj from Pink Chai Living, Nisha from Love Laugh Mirch, or Salma from The Write Balance