Thursday, December 10, 2015

Three Things Thursday 12.10.15

Three Things Thursday 12.10.15

This week's Three Things Thursday is about the highlights from my week!

1: On Monday, I took a trial class at Orange Theory Fitness (OTF). They have been popping up all over Long Island. My coworker joined OTF a few months ago and has been raving about it. So I called my local location and signed up for a free trial class. Before the class, I was so nervous, I wasn't sure what to expect, I walked in and was greeted by two friendly employees who gave me a tour of the facility. I met the instructor and we went over my personal fitness goals. Then it was time for the class to begin, I was impressed when the instructor asked the class if there were any injuries. You wear a heart rate monitor and it tracks your intensity level and heartbeats per minute on a large screen in the workout room. The workout was great! It was my first time on a row machine. I kicked butt, I am really proud, that I pushed myself, after the class I received an email with an estimation of how many calories I burned, and what percentage I spent at each intensity level. Needless to say, I walked out with a membership! I am so excited to be a part of the OTF Family! 


2:  On Tuesday, my friend and I met up for a late lunch at Senior Frogs in Time Square. Being in New York City in the month of December is awesome. Every storefront is decorated with festive decor. I would say it starting to feel like winter, however the last few days the weather has been in the 50s in NYC. For those who don't believe in global warming, check the weather forecast for the next few days, this is unusually warm for December in NYC. Before I caught the LIRR home, I took a photo of the Empire State Building, lit up in pink and white for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. 




3: This week is Inclusive Education Week and the importance of including students with all levels of abilities into mainstream general education setting. 







Check out the original bloggers from Three Thing Thursdays: Raj from Pink Chai Living, Nisha from Love Laugh Mirch, or Salma from The Write Balance